The Aromatherapy Level 3 course will teach you the skills and controlled practice of using essential oils, for physical, emotional health and well-being.
Aromatherapy is a form of alternative medicine that uses unpredictable liquid plant materials, which is known as essential oils (EOs). And it is for psychological and physical well-being.
Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of plant-derived, aromatic essential oils to promote physical and psychological well-being. It is sometimes used in combination with massage and other therapeutic techniques as part of a holistic treatment approach.
The course will be delivered by post including Tutor Support for 12 months. All assignments are marked by one of our professional Tutors who will offer regular feedback and guide you through your course. Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor and you must have access to email in order to contact your Tutor.
You will be provided with the telephone number for your dedicated Student Support Team who will be available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that you will receive unlimited support for your home study course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
You must successfully complete a series of assignments. Once all assignments have been completed satisfactorily, you will then be awarded your certificate. The good news is, there is no final exam.
Module 1 : Introduction to Aromatherapy
- The history, philosophy and role of aromatherapy
- Introduction to aromatherapeutic terminology
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
Module 2 : Anatomy
- The physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage
- The benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Understanding how essential oils are absorbed by the body
Module 3 : Safety
- Recognising contra-actions that may result from treatment
- Understanding cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment
- The importance of working safely with aromatherapy oils
Module 4 : Blending
- Understanding chemical constituents of essences
- Dilution and blending techniques
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media
Module 5 : The Treatment
- Consultation techniques
- Conducting professional aromatherapeutic treatments
- The characteristics of an appropriate consultation
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments
- Professional codes of conduct
Module 6 : Aftercare and Reflection
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- The importance and role of maintaining treatment records
Q & A
Will I require any previous knowledge to start this course?
You do not need any prior learning knowledge or experience to take this course. This course is openly available to anyone who wishes to take part in a highly rewarding home study course. You have the freedom to start the course at any time and continue your studies at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months from initial registration with the full support of your Tutor.
What is included with this course?
- In-depth study materials covering the full specification
- 12 months tutor support
- Assignment marking and feedback
Will I need to purchase any books?
You will not need to purchase any books as we cover everything that is required in the course materials unless otherwise stated on the course page.
Are there any additional costs?
There will be no additional costs for this course.
I live overseas, would I be able to take this course?
Yes, this course is available to international students.
Do I have to pay delivery?
For paper-based courses, delivery is free to the UK. A delivery fee will be payable for paper-based courses sent outside the UK. Please click here for delivery information.
How many hours should I allow for this course?
We recommend that you are able to dedicate between 80 and 100 hours’ study time, plus additional time for completing assignments.
Can I complete this course sooner if I wish to?
Yes, you can work at your own pace to complete this course.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC LTD has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC LTD to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Course fees for payment in full include:
- Paper-based Course materials
- Assessment and feedback on all assignments.
- Access to your personal Tutors
- Access to the NUS student card.